Fulfil Aspirations Of Voters: Gangula

Civil Supplies Minister Gangula Kamalakar on Thursday called upon the public representatives to strive hard to fulfil the aspirations of public.

“People elect corporators, councillors and other public representatives with the hope that elected leaders will solve their problems. If public representatives fail to fulfil the aspirations of voters, people will lose faith in political leaders and teach a befitting lesson in the elections,” he said.

Pointing out that only 10 per cent of the people are actively involved with political parties and the remaining 90 per cent are general public, the Minister said public representatives should hence work for the welfare of the people who exercised their votes responding to the leaders’ promises.

Kamalakar was participating in a workshop on Pattana Pragathi programme held in a function hall here on Thursday. In order to modernise towns, Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao designed Pattana Pragathi on the lines of Palle Pragathi. Long pending problems in rural areas were solved during the two phases of Palle Pragathi programmes. So, Chief Minister has decided to take up similar kind of programme in towns in the name of Pattana Pragathi which would be held for ten days from February 24, he said.

Besides appointing a special officer, four committees such as youth, women, senior citizens and prominent personalities would be constituted in every division or ward. A total of 60 members would work in every division since each committee comprises of 15 members. Duty of the committees was to tour in localities and list out the local problems and prepare a plan to solve them. Government would take up all works by allocating funds, he informed.

Women were facing troubles due to lack of community toilets in the towns, he said and asked the committees to identify lands for construction of She toilets in towns.

Though Telangana is going ahead in all fronts than that of other States, but was lagging behind in literacy. So, committees should also list out the details of literate and illiterate people in their localities ensuring the government to take steps to provide education to uneducated.

MLAs Sunke Ravishankar, Rasamai Balkishan, MLC Naradasu Laxman Rao, Mayor, Municipal Corporation of Karimnagar, Sunil Rao, Collector K Shashanka, Additional Collector GV Shyam Prasad Lal, MCK Commissioner V Kranthi, Chairmen,Vice-Chairmen, Commissioners, MCK corporators and councillors of Huzurabad, Jammikunta, Choppadandi and Kothapalli were present.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: