Kulfi is an Indian ice-cream made with milk, sugar, nuts, and cardamoms. This creamy dessert is frozen and served with nuts and sometimes with vermicelli or falooda. It can easily be prepared at home with some readily available ingredients. Another amazing thing about preparing this popular delicacy at home is that it will help you keep a check on the quality of ingredients used. This easy and quick dessert recipe is immensely delicious and will save on a lot of your time and effort. So, try this delectable recipe and impress your loved ones without putting in a lot of efforts and surprise them with your culinary skills.
- Using full-fat milk enhances the flavor.
- If you do not have kulfi molds, use stainless steel glasses or katoris.
- While freezing, it expands, so do not fill to the brim.
- Cool the mixture before you pour it into molds.
- Adding just a dash of salt can help in balancing the flavours.
- Add saffron for additional coloring and flavoring.
- Ensure there should be no lumps while stirring the milk.
- Make sure that nuts are not over-roasted as it will give kulfi a burnt flavour.
- Full-fat milk 2 cups
- Powdered sugar 1/3 cup
- Cardamom 4, powdered
- Almonds, 12-15
- Pista roughly chopped
Step1: Heat milk in a pan and bring to a boil. Allow the milk to simmer for 10 minutes on medium flame or till it reaches half its original quantity. Keep stirring so that the milk does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
Step2: Add powdered sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well and cook on a slow flame, while stirring occasionally till it becomes thick and creamy. Turn off flame and allow to cool.
Step3:Take another pan, heat it over medium flame. Now, add coarsely chopped pistas and almonds in the pan and dry roast them for few seconds. Add the roasted nuts to the kulfi mixture, saving a few for garnishing. Mix well and pour the mixture into molds.
Step4:Place the molds in the deep freezer and allow to set overnight or till set.
Step5:In order to savor this mouth-watering dessert, place the kulfi mold in lukewarm water for a few secs to unmould it. Garnish with more nuts and savour it with friends and family.