Hyderabad: From this academic year, MBBS aspirants from Telangana will have access to 1068 additional MBBS seats in 24 private medical colleges.
On Thursday, the Telangana government released Government Orders (GO Ms 129 and GO Ms 130) amending the rules of admission into MBBS and BDS courses in the B-category seats.
Accordingly, 85 percent of B-Category MBBS and Dental seats in minority and non-minority private medical and dental colleges will now be available to students from Telangana while the rest of the 15 percent MBBS seats will be available for students from across India.
There are 20 non-minority and 4 minority private medical colleges that every year offer 3750 MBBS seats. The 20 non-minority private medical colleges in Telangana have a total of 3200 MBBS seats out of which B-category MBBS Seats comprise 1120 MBBS seats. Till now, all the 1120 MBBS seats in the B-category were allocated to aspirants from all over the country.
However, from now on, thanks to the amendments to the rules of admissions, 85 percent of the 1120 MBBS seats, which is 952 medical seats will be available for students from Telangana while the rest of the 15 percent of MBBS seats i.e. 168 will be available for students from all over India.
Including minority and non-minority private medical colleges, a total of 1068 additional MBBS seats will be available from this academic year, senior health officials on Thursday said.
Hyderabad: A local court on Thursday sentenced and convicted a man to 20 years of rigorous imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs. 500 for sexually assaulting his daughter at Jeedimetla.
The Supreme Court on Thursday declined to entertain a miscellaneous application (MA) seeking enforcement of its guidelines for state-imposed internet shutdowns.
Hyderabad, Dec 7 (Hydnow): Bellampalli Municipal chairperson Jakkula Shwetha quit the BRS and joined the Congress in Hyderabad on Thursday.
Hyderabad, Dec 7 (Hydnow): Telugu Desam Party President and former Chief Minister N.chandrababu Naidu congratulated the Telangana Chief Minister Revanth Reddy and wished that Revanth Reddy would provide good governance to the people in the public government.
Hyderabad, Dec 7 (Hydnow): Minister for Civil Supplies, Jupally Krishna Rao said he will come closer to the people with Praja Darbar.