50 Students Fall Sick After Consuming Meal With Dead Lizard In Bihar

50 Students Fall Sick After Consuming Meal With Dead Lizard In Bihar

Patna/Hyderabad, Sept 13 Hydnow): Some 50 students from a government school in Bihar’s Sitaramarhi district fell ill after consuming a mid-day meal that allegedly contained a dead lizard.  

The victims students from classes 2 to 5, were admitted to the Sadar Hospital Sitamarhi.  The doctors at the hospital claimed that the health parameters of the students were normal and a majority of them were discharged after preliminary treatment.   

“The students were under observation for a day on Tuesday.  Their health parameters are normal.  The parents are with their children.  We have followed the medical procedures for their treatment.  Their condition is normal and there is no need to worry said Sudha Jha, a medical officer at the Sadar Hospital.  The students claimed that they found the dead lizard in their meal. 


Ram Swaroon Singh, the parent of one of the affected children, said, “As per school guidelines, the administration prepared the mid-day meal for the primary students first.  After consuming the food, they started complaining of stomach aches and vomiting.  The news of the incident soon spread in the village and we took the students to the Sadar hospital for treatment. (Hydnow) 

Next Story :

Now you can get the latest stories from Hydnow every day. Click the link to subscribe. Click to follow Hydnow’s Facebook page and Twitter and Instagram

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *