The Arrest of Abdul Zahed and two others for conspiring to hurl grenades at public gatherings
On credible information that Abdul Zahed, r/o Malakpet, Hyderabad, who was involved in several terror-related cases in Hyderabad in the past revived his contacts with his Pakistani ISI conduits again, conspired to cause terror acts including blasts and lone wolf attacks in Hyderabad City to create terror among the minds of the common public.
On 02.10.2022, specific information was received that Abdul Zahed r/o Malakpet along with his associates received a consignment of four hand grenades and going to carry out sensational terror attacks in Hyderabad, Telangana. The team acted swiftly and apprehended three persons from Malakpet today.
Details of the Accused:
- Abdul Zahed @ Motu, 39 yrs, s/o Md.Abdul Waheed, 40 yrs, r/o H.No.16-11-240, Moosarambagh, Malakpet, Hyderabad.
- Mohd. Sameeuddin @ Abdul Sami, age: 39 yrs, S/o late Mohd Jameeluddin, Occ: Business, R/o 16-2-855 to 865, G-1, Arman Towers, Akber Bagh, Sayeedabad, Hyderabad.
- Maaz Hasan Farooq @ Maaz, age 29 yrs, S/o Aijaz Mohiuddin, R/o # 10-3-16/a/1&2, flat no. 202 & 203, Royal Colony, Humayun Nagar, Mehidipatnam, Hyderabad
Abdul Zahed was previously involved in several terror-related cases in Hyderabad including a suicide attack on attack on the Hyderabad City Police Commissioner’s task force office Begumpet in 2005. He was in regular touch with Pakistani ISI-LeT handlers.
The Three absconding accused Farhatullah Ghori @ FG, Siddique Bin Osman @ Rafique @ Abu Hamzala, and Abdul Majeed @ Chotu, all natives of Hyderabad city and absconded as they were wanted in several terror cases and finally settled in Pakistan and now working under the aegis of ISI. In the past, they recruited local youth and radicalized them, and got executed terror attacks such as a blast near Saibaba Temple Dilsukhnagar in 2002, a bus blast at Ghatkopar in, Mumbai suicide attack on Task Force office, Begumpet in 2005. They also attempted to cause blasts near Ganesh Temple, Secunderabad in 2004.
Abdul Zahed in his confession has revealed that Farhatulla Ghori, Abu Hamza, and Majeed revived their contacts with him and they motivated and financed Zahed to recruit and carryout out terror attacks in Hyderabad again. At the behest of Pakistan-based handlers, Zahed recruited Samiuddin and Maaz Hasan.
During the search four hand grenades were recovered from the possession of the above persons which Zahed has received from his pak-based handlers. He was planning to hurl these hand grenades targeting public gatherings through his group members, thereby causing terror and communal tension in the city.
Hyderabad city Police collected precise information about the clandestine activities of this group and fold their pans with their timely arrest.
- Abdul Zahed – Two hand grenades, net cash worth Rs: 3,91,800, and 2 mobile phones.
- Samiuddin @ Sami – One hand grenade, net cash worth Rs: 1,50,000, and one mobile phones, one bullet motorcycle.
- Maaz Hasan – One hand grenade, two mobile phones.