Hyderabad, Oct 24 (Hydnow) Keeping in view the forthcoming Assembly Elections – 2023 in Telangana and Parliament Election 2024, Muslim Intellectuals who met at the Madina Education Center in Hyderabad have urged all political parties to consider the reasonable demands outlined in the “Muslim Declaration” – 2023 and respond.
The Representatives of Muslim Organisations who attended the Round Table Meeting for the “Muslim Declaration” which fixed the agenda for socioeconomic and Political Development, led by Prof Mohammed Ansari, OU – Minority Rights Protection Committee State President has drafted the “Muslim Declaration” said this time, Muslims vote for the parties that consult with them and the parties that Muslims support must ensure that, if elected, they will not enter into fraudulent agreements with religious parties.
Muslims will vote for the parties and help them succeed, giving them complete confidence that they will adhere to the demands of this declaration.
The Muslim Declaration – 2023, has raised mainly the 22 points that should be considered including Muslims should have adequate population-based political representation, each of the political parties should allocate at least two seats, Muslims should be given Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, and MLC political representations from the unrepresented districts.
2) Increase reservations in education and employment to 12 percent
3) Rs. 10 crores in the State Annual Mudget to Muslims
4) Waqf Board should be established as a Commissionerate and grant judicial power
5) Permanent buildings should be constructed for minority Gurukuls, and permanent teaching and non-teaching staff should be appointed.
6) Importance and encouragement should be given to Urdu as the state’s second official language
7) Every impoverished Muslim family should get financial support of Rs. 10 lakh in order to empower Muslims.
8) 12 per cent quota in the allocation of double-bedroom houses to Muslims
9) Muslims must be adequately represented in nominated positions
10) Vacant posts in various departments of the minority department should be filled immediately
11) In 33 districts of the state, 66 post-matric hostels should be constructed
12) Loan of Rs. 2 lakh with full subsidy should be given to Muslims
13) The Chief Minister should disburse funds from the special treasury for iftar parties offered on behalf of the government each Ramadan month.
14) Grant in aid should be allocated for the renovation of mosques during the month of Ramadan
15) The Mehtar community (a scavenging and sweeping group) should be included in the SC category. It is important to study the specific problems faced by the Muslim lower classes.
16) Justice Sachar Committee’s recommendation should be implemented taking the Sudhir Commission’s recommendations
17) Declare that NRC and CAA will not be implemented in the State.
18) Imams and Muezzins should be paid a monthly honorarium on a regular basis.
19) Allotment of land for Muslim burial grounds, maintenance and construction of walls under the Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme
20) All applicants for subsidized loans presently pending with the Minority Finance Corporation should be granted loans.
21) In every Mandal, Muslim marriage halls and Minority Community Halls should be constructed
22) A special law should be enacted to prevent unlawful arrests and custodial violence. (Hydnow)
Directorate of Enforcement (ED) has conducted search operations at six locations in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh on 29.11.2023 under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), 2002 in connection with investigation regarding fraud in sanction of loans under Kisan Credit Card (KCC) to farmers for construction of fish tanks.
The Hyderabad City Police Commissioner, Sandeep Shandilya, has announced restrictions including closure of liquor outlets at the counting centers during the vote counting process.
A fire broke out in Sathupalli government Hospital of Khammam district. The fire broke out in the dialysis center of the hospital on Saturday, December 2, 2023. As a result, the patients who were being treated there ran out screaming in fear.
Election results in Telangana will be announced tomorrow (sunday), in this connection, YSRTP Chief Y.S Sharmila sent a variety gift to the Chief Minister K.C Chandrasekhar Rao. A suit case was sent as a gift to KCR saying bye-bye KCR.. The time has come to fix the KCR suitcase. Pack up KCR. Bye-bye KCR” she…
A car accidentally overturned near Buschinelli in Zaheerabad mandal of Rangareddy district. The police who inspected the scene were surprised to see 2 quintal packets of ganja in the car.