Hon’ble Members, at the outset, I extend warm greetings to you at the beginning of the 261st Session of Rajya Sabha.
Hon’ble Members, this session makes available a befitting opportunity to reflect and introspect on the “PARLIAMENTARY JOURNEY of 75 YEARS STARTING FROM SAMVIDHAN SABHA – ACHIEVEMENTS, EXPERIENCES, MEMORIES AND LEARNINGS”.
Traversing over the seven-decade journey, from Samvidhan Sabha to the present day in Amrit Kaal, these hallowed precincts have witnessed many milestones.
Hon’ble Members this journey had historical moments- from ‘Tryst with Destiny’ at Midnight of 15th August 1947 to the unfolding of an innovative forwarding-looking GST regime at midnight of June 30, 2017, and now this day.
Deliberations in the Constituent Assembly in various sessions spread over three years exemplified decorum and healthy debate. Contentious and highly divisive issues were negotiated in a spirit of consensus. There is enough takeaway from this for us all.
Healthy debate is the hallmark of a blossoming democracy. We must eschew confrontational posturing. Weaponizing disruption and disturbance as a strategy would never secure the sanction of the people. We all are constitutionally ordained to nurture democratic values and must justify and vindicate the trust of the people
We owe it to the nation to optimally utilize the opportunity and time to serve the public interest.
Hon’ble Members, this is also an occasion to recall and glorify:
- Our tenacious freedom fighters. They were the pioneers in the true sense of fighting for democratic rights;
- Our erudite constitutional forefathers – they were farsighted visionaries who, after much deliberations and discussions provided us with a Constitution which has stood the test of time;
- Our statesmen and politicians have time and again respected and abided by constitutional ideals and have democratized the Constitution itself by taking its essence to the masses;
- The Civil Service- the bureaucrats who have been steadfast day in and day out in ensuring that the state machinery works in a free and fair manner
- And finally, it is the masses whose deep faith and unflinching belief in the parliamentary democracy sustained it and thwarted the worst possible attempt to deny democratic values.
- The success of our democracy, is thus, a collective concerted endeavor of “WE THE PEOPLE OF INDIA”.
Expectedly the Hon’ble Members, during the course of the day, would enrich the House and enlighten the people at large as regards our 75-year journey and unfold vision for years ahead.
Hon’ble Member’s use of wit, humor, sarcasm, and even acerbic comments inside Parliament is important inalienable facets of a vigorous democracy. These days we don’t get to hear such light-hearted exchanges. Hopefully, we’ll see the revival of wit, humor, and scholarly debates.
The hallowed precincts of Parliament for years have witnessed highs and lows which we need to reflect on and deliberate on so as to take our Bharat to its rightful place in 2047 when it celebrates the centenary of independence.
I now invite the Hon’ble Leader of the House Shri Piyush Goyal to initiate the Discussion on “Parliamentary Journey of 75 years starting from Samvidhan Sabha – Achievements, Experiences, Memories and Learnings
Next Story :
India amassed 399 for five against Australia in the second ODI here on Sunday.
Senior Congress leader Mohd. Shabbir Ali criticized the KCR government. Shabbir Ali visited Isaipet village of Machareddy Mandal as part of the Hath Se Hath Jodo Yatra.
The ACB Court on Sunday extended Chandrababu Naidu remand to October 5. Earlier, after TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu’s two-day CID custody in the skill development case came to an end on Sunday at 5 pm, the former was produced in the ACB Court virtually.
The Indian Meteorological Department, Hyderabad (IMD-H) said that there are chances of heavy rains in many places in Telangana in the next two days.