New Delhi, 26th October 2023: In a commendable achievement, 22 researchers hailing from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham have earned a coveted spot in Stanford University’s esteemed list of top scientists. This marks the fourth consecutive year that researchers from Amrita have secured a position within the top 2% globally, according to the rankings released by the prestigious US-based institution.
Notably, this year’s figure represents a significant increase from the previous count of 13 to 22 researchers. The selection process for this distinguished list is based on a thorough evaluation of research papers published and the cumulative years devoted to research endeavors.
For the year 2023, Stanford University has unveiled two separate lists. The first one is formulated considering both the volume of research papers published and the duration spent in research pursuits. The second list, on the other hand, spotlights excellence in research achieved over the past year.
The first list includes eight researchers with Amrita:
- Dr. P Venkat Rangan, Vice-Chancellor of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Dr. Maneesha V Ramesh, Provost, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Dr. Jayakumar Rangasamy, Professor, Amrita School of Nanosciences and Molecular Medicine, Kochi
- Prof. Shantikumar Nair, Dean & HoS, School of Nanosciences & Molecular Medicine, Kochi
- Dr. R. Krishnakumar, HoD, Professor, Department of Paediatric Cardiology, School of Medicine, Kochi
- Dr. Radhika N., Professor, Dept of Mechanical Engineering, Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore
- Dr. Bijo Mathew, Professor & HoD, Dept. of Pharmaceutical Chemistry & Analysis, School of Pharmacy, Kochi
- Dr. Madhav Datta, Professor Emeritus, Amrita School of Engineering
The second list then went on to include the following researchers with Amrita for their achievements this past year:
- Dr. Soman K.P, Dean, School of Artificial Intelligence | HoD, Computational Engineering and Networking, Coimbatore
- Dr. Aravind Madhavan, Research Scientist, School of Biotechnology, Amritapuri
- Dr. Vinod V.T Padil, Professor, School for Sustainable Futures, Amritapuri
- Dr. Sanjay Pandey, Head, of Neurology and Stroke Medicine, Amrita School of Medicine, Faridabad
- Dr. R. Krishankumar, School of Computing, Coimbatore
- Dr. Adityakumar Sahu, Associate Professor, School of Computing, Amaravati
- Dr. Senthilkumar Bhaskar, Assistant Professor, Amrita Centre for Nanosciences and Molecular Medicine, Kochi
- Dr. Sudip Kumar Batabyal, Professor, Dept of Sciences, School of Physical Sciences, Coimbatore
- Dr. J.K Madhukesh, Post-Doctoral Fellow, Amrita School of Engineering, Bengaluru
- Dr. Manu Raj, Professor, Department of Paediatrics, School of Medicine, Kochi
- Dr. Sunil Kumar, Assistant Professor, Dept of Mathematics, Chennai
- Dr. Shantanu Mandal, PhD. & Research – Chair Amrita School of Business, Amaravati
- Dr. Naveen Kumar – Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Amrita School of Engineering, Bengaluru
- Dr. Varun Kumar – Post-doctoral student, Computational Science Lab (CSL), Bengaluru
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is a multi-campus, multidisciplinary Institution of Eminence accredited by NAAC. It is also ranked the 7th Ranked University in India in the 2023 National Institution Ranking Framework (NIRF). Amrita continues to be the No. 1 Private University in India as per THE 2023 world rankings as well. The university has been awarded two UNESCO Chairs namely the UNESCO Chair for Experiential Learning for Sustainable Innovation & Development and the UNESCO Chair on Gender Equality & Women Empowerment. The university headquartered at Coimbatore is spread across nine campuses in five states — Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Haryana, and Karnataka. Amrita partners with academic, industry, and governmental institutions across the world to accomplish human-centered, translational, and groundbreaking research. To date, Amrita has more than 500 collaborations from more than 200 signed Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs). Some of Amrita’s partners include Harvard University, Columbia University, King’s College London, KTH – Royal Institute of Technology, VU Amsterdam, the British Geological Society, University of Oxford, Italian National Research Council, Deakin University, and the University of Tokyo. Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi (Amma), a world-renowned humanitarian leader is the founder, Chancellor, and guiding light of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. Amma’s words, thoughts, and vision for education and research have shaped the university’s mission and vision.
Next Story :
Directorate of Enforcement (ED) has conducted search operations at six locations in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh on 29.11.2023 under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), 2002 in connection with investigation regarding fraud in sanction of loans under Kisan Credit Card (KCC) to farmers for construction of fish tanks.
The Hyderabad City Police Commissioner, Sandeep Shandilya, has announced restrictions including closure of liquor outlets at the counting centers during the vote counting process.
A fire broke out in Sathupalli government Hospital of Khammam district. The fire broke out in the dialysis center of the hospital on Saturday, December 2, 2023. As a result, the patients who were being treated there ran out screaming in fear.
Election results in Telangana will be announced tomorrow (sunday), in this connection, YSRTP Chief Y.S Sharmila sent a variety gift to the Chief Minister K.C Chandrasekhar Rao. A suit case was sent as a gift to KCR saying bye-bye KCR.. The time has come to fix the KCR suitcase. Pack up KCR. Bye-bye KCR” she…