• Bank of Baroda (BOB) quarterly Net profit higher by 28.4% YoY at INR 4,253 crore in Q2FY24. Net Profit for H1FY24 grew by 51.8% to INR 8,323 crore.
• BOB has delivered ROA of more than 1% and ROE of around 20%, consistently for the last 5 quarters. ROA for Q2FY24 stands at 1.14% and ROE at 19.74%.
• The growth in profitability was supported by healthy Operating Income growth of 25% YoY in Q2FY24.
• Operating income growth was augmented by ~2x YoY growth in Non-Interest Income in Q2FY24.
• Non-interest income growth in Q2FY24 was driven by robust YoY growth in Fee Income (+31.7%), Trading Gains (+69.5%), and Recovery from TWO (~2x)
• Strong growth in Income coupled with a subdued increase in Opex has resulted in robust Operating profit growth of 33% YoY for Q2FY24. Operating profit for H1FY24 higher by 50.1% YoY.
• The Bank has been able to effect a reduction in the Cost to Income ratio by 320 bps YoY to 46.54% for Q2FY24. Cost to Income ratio for H1FY24 also declined by 608 bps YoY to 45.97%
• BOB has witnessed significant improvement in its Asset quality with a reduction in GNPA by 199 bps YoY to 3.32%. The bank’s NNPA improved to 0.76%, a reduction of 40 bps YoY.
• BOB’s balance sheet remained robust with a healthy Provision Coverage Ratio (PCR) of 93.16% with TWO & 77.64% without TWO.
• Credit cost remains below 1% at 0.92% for Q2FY24.
• BOB’s Global Advances registered a strong YoY growth of 17.3% in Q2FY24 led by robust retail loan book growth. The bank’s organic Retail Advances grew by 22.2%, driven by growth in high-focus areas such as Auto Loan (21.1%), Home Loans (16.1%), Personal Loans (67.2%), Mortgage Loans (13.3%), Education Loan (18.3%).
• Bank achieved a total business of INR 22,74,148 crore as of 30th Sep 2023, registering a growth of 15.8% YoY.
Next Story :
Directorate of Enforcement (ED) has conducted search operations at six locations in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh on 29.11.2023 under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), 2002 in connection with investigation regarding fraud in sanction of loans under Kisan Credit Card (KCC) to farmers for construction of fish tanks.
The Hyderabad City Police Commissioner, Sandeep Shandilya, has announced restrictions including closure of liquor outlets at the counting centers during the vote counting process.
A fire broke out in Sathupalli government Hospital of Khammam district. The fire broke out in the dialysis center of the hospital on Saturday, December 2, 2023. As a result, the patients who were being treated there ran out screaming in fear.
Election results in Telangana will be announced tomorrow (sunday), in this connection, YSRTP Chief Y.S Sharmila sent a variety gift to the Chief Minister K.C Chandrasekhar Rao. A suit case was sent as a gift to KCR saying bye-bye KCR.. The time has come to fix the KCR suitcase. Pack up KCR. Bye-bye KCR” she…